Physical Fitness Certificate
Why do we ask for this certification?The Physical Fitness Certification is a major step towards the safe practice of any sport. It is important to understand that the whole purpose behind this is to help athletes to preserve his/her good health and ensure his/her safety along both training and competition.
This measure surely does not supersede the athletes’ regular medical check-up. However, we know as a fact that in some cases, it is the only contact with a doctor that athletes have in the whole year. This is why we strongly advice against asking for “as a favor”, non-thorough certifications.
Important ConsiderationsAll riders must be aware of the fact that Medical Certification does not eliminates the risks of all cardio-vascular potentially mortal diseases.
Objectives of the Physical Fitness Certification
- Detection of medical issues, especially severe cardiological and orthopedical problems that may put the athlete at risk of injury or disease.
- Detection of remediable problems that may lessen the athlete’s performance.
- Help preserve the athlete’s good health and safety.
- Assess the fitness level to make sure the athlete’s physical condition is mature and fit for the competition.
- Provide the athlete with thorough information about sports, exercise, related injuries and other health-related issues.
- Comply with legal and insurance requirements.