Categories and corrals
GRAN FONDO 2017 - 171 KM
Corrals are set by category, which is ordered by rider's age by December 31st, 2017. Personal numbers come in colors assigned by category.
- CORRAL 0 - GFNY WORLD QUALIFIERS
- CATEGORY 1 - age 18 to 39 - Corral 1
- CATEGORY 2 - age 40 to 44 - Corral 2
- CATEGORY 3 - age 45 to 49 - Corral 3
- CATEGORY 4 - age 50 to 54 - Corral 4
- CATEGORY 5 - age 55 to 59 - Corral 5
- CATEGORY 6 - age 60 to 64 - Corral 6
- CATEGORY 7 - age 65 to 69 - Corral 7
- CATEGORY 8 - age 70 to 74 - Corral 8
- CATEGORY 9 - age 75+ - Corral 9
MEDIO FONDO 2017 - 84 KM
- MEDIO FONDO – Corral 10
Not being a competitive race, all riders start from a common corral. GFNY URUGUAY suggests Medio Fondo riders to place themselves according to their level: beginners should start at the back, and faster and more trained riders should take the front.
Entering a corral other than the one assigned by category/color is not permitted, unless you want to join rider friends that start from corrals located further back from your assigned corral. Any rider detected in infraction will be sent to start the race from the last corral.
Riders who arrive past the entry time may start from the last corral.